Sometimes, when I look back at a situation, I think to myself, “Never in a million years would I have imagined something like that would happen.” I don’t have a lot to say, but I wanted to say a few things.
I would have never guessed that:
- December is here. Feels like I just arrived. About to celebrate 11 months of living in Belize.
- 65° F would be cold. I have not been able to feel my fingers or toes for the past week or so. Very strange to think that I used to walk around in snow in the same jacket that I now wear in Belize.
- I almost ran over a fish in the road. Mostly because the road was so flooded that I was crossing a small river. To top it off, a few weeks ago, I almost hit a crocodile in the same road. How crazy?!
- I would be able to do a running translation of a whole sermon before my dad arrives. Although it was Keila preaching (she has very clear Spanish), it was still a non-stop sermon. Not much time to think, just enough time to blurt out the words.
- I would live in a green house. We finally painted the house after almost 9 months of living in it. All the rooms are painted too. Not decorated, but painted.
- I knew so little about myself. There is nothing like living in the mission field to find out a lot of hidden secrets about self. God has an infinite number of ways to reveal His will in your life if you are willing to listen.
- I would be praying for the people at the hardware store because they are my friends. Being that I go to the hardware store at least twice a week, I have come to know the people there very well. We talk about all sorts of stuff, but the best part is when we get to talk about Jesus. There is one guy that keeps asking for Glow tracks, pamphlets, and other literature. I only pray that God can keep working on his heart.
- God could love me enough to die for me.